Job Description The Logistics Technology Analyst develops a deep understanding of our TMS application, and related systems, and also understands the transportation and logistics business requirements of customers and sales prospects. The Analyst uses these skills to help with tasks involved in sales, customer support, project management, software QA. Our team enjoys a professional, modern, pleasant office environment and is supplied with the tools they need to succeed. We offer competitive compensation with excellent medical and dental benefits, life insurance, 401k and long-term disability.
- Bachelor’s degree in business logistics, computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Proven aptitude and interest for technology, as applied to large businesses. While the position does not typically involve software development tasks, some background in software development is helpful, and the candidate should know about relational databases and be able to write SQL queries and learn report writing tools
- A proven aptitude for analytic tasks. An understanding of optimization as applied to transportation and logistics is a plus.
- Data analysis
- Analyze potential clients’ data for scheduled demos
- Assist in Demo presentations (“Presales”)
- Assist in preparing demos that highlight the use of the UltraShipTMS product in addressing sales prospects’ needs
- Prep demo sites with proper data for demo
- Make sure all required functionality works
- Provide technical support for existing clients
- Understand customer issues and assist customers in solving the issues using knowledge of the UltraShipTMS system
- Act as Project Manager for customer implementation projects
- Understand customer business requirements at very detailed level
- Organize and update project tickets
- Make sure project remains on schedule and keep management informed of road-blocks.
- Work with customer to train them on system and solve implementation and go-live issues
- Manage communication between client and development team
- Update client, as needed, regarding change requests and product updates
- Communicate issues reported by client to development team (E.g., Create tickets and Change Requests)
- Respond to any requests from client and follow up as needed
- Test new software to ensure it meets customer requirements
- Develop analytic reports for customer using understanding of customer requirements and knowledge of UltraShipTMS database
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES. NO EXCEPTIONS.